Monday, February 3, 2014

Present Simple sentence/ question structure

I'm teaching a class of beginners at the moment and I haven't taught this level in a very long time.  I'm looking for a way to help them put simple sentences together.  One idea that I've used in the past is to print question words and other vocabulary that I know they will be familiar with and laminate them so that I can use them repeatedly.  I put the cards in the middle of the table and ask each student to choose words and form questions or sentences with them.  If you use this idea, make sure that you cover basic sentence structure and questions beforehand.  Depending on how many cards you make it could last 10-20 minutes. 


I also found a fun game for students to play online to help them practice this form.  It's here: http://www.eslgamesplus.com/present-simple-tense-action-verbs-interactive-monkey-game/

No comments:

Post a Comment