Tuesday, February 11, 2014

ESL Creative Writing

I've been looking for a way to engage my students outside of class and to expose them to English on a daily basis.  The 90 minute classes every week is simply not enough to get them speaking fluently and without being afraid of mistakes.  I've thought about setting up a weekly meeting, but that requires me to free up time most likely on a weekend and I haven't had the time lately. My plan is to start at the end of February, though. 


In the meantime, I've been perusing the web in search of fun ways to get them involved in English speaking activities that are stress-free and fun.  A few days ago I stumbled across Storybird.com.  I absolutely love it.  I created an account and will begin inviting students next week.  The platform is simple and creative.  Basically, you choose a picture and use it to help you write something creative.  Easy, Fun, and Creative is the ticket! I hope they enjoy using it as much as I've enjoyed discovering it :)  Go check it out! http://storybird.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment