Tuesday, February 4, 2014

ESL Basic Introductions Level A1

Teaching beginners is a difficult task if you are a native speaker, because it's difficult to remember what it was like to be a baby learning a language for the first time.  I'm facing that challenge now, but I plan to conquer this challenge.  I've been brainstorming ideas of how to make it fun for beginners to introduce themselves.  One idea is making up cards with  names of famous people and having students use them to introduce themselves.   I've used it in the past and it works well, especially if the famous person is a bit eccentric. Here's one I created without famous people, I simply went to clipart and used pictures which aren't copyrighted.   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B91PszKtVKWkVHctMC0yWFI2N3M/edit?usp=sharing  If you don't have time to do that, here's a worksheet that you can use to have them ask for basic information during a first introduction.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B91PszKtVKWkVldzNTFnbjRTZzQ/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment